Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The continuing story of A



I saw A the middle of last week to give her a book I got from the author on something that A is working on for her future life. I had the author write a little something inside. I also had some Hershey Kisses in my pocket and asked if I could give her a kiss. Of course, before she answered I got one out of my pocket and put it in her hand. There were a few more in  my pocket and I told her she could have all of my kisses and gave them to her.

She gave me a hug and I left. She texted me the next day to say thanks again and mentioned she would be going out of town for the weekend to visit friends. I had to do some errands on Saturday and was nearby where she lives. I went and got the brush piles out of her front yard and got rid of them. She returned Monday evening and emailed me a nice thank you on Tuesday me reminding me that she would take me for a beer and fish and chips. I have to dog sit for a friend this month and really don't feel I can get away as I don't want to burden anyone else with my responsibility. I told her I needed to get to the city after the dog goes home and she asked if she could come along to go visit her friends. I told her I would enjoy her company for the long drive.

Sometimes I remind myself of Niles Crane from the Frasier TV show. He loved Daphne for years, but never would say or was in a position to do anything about it. Just as they were marrying other people that they thought they loved they finally spoke of their love for each other and eventually lived happily ever after. I know it's only a story, but I always have a glimmer of hope. Of course I know of all the reasons it is not likely to happen and I continually deny my feelings, but I can never crush them entirely. Then I'll see her in person and I just melt on the inside. Again I will try not to gush and make her think every moment away from her is painful. I'll just not contact her without a good reason. There are lots of things I would love to tell her, but won't. I just think about that stuff. I'll pretend to be hard to get for as long as I can stand it. Do I seem pathetic, yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment