Sunday, April 23, 2017

Reconnecting

Last fall I told A that I would haul a little pile of brush out of her yard after she trimmed some trees, etc. I reminded her a week ago that I would still do this (if nothing else, I am a man of my word) whenever it was convenient. She texted me and made an offer I could barely refuse. She would take me out for fish and chips if I hauled her brush. I have a weakness for good food and am easily bribed, but I just couldn't fit it in which bummed me right the hell out.

I stopped by her place just to check out the brush to see if I could do it in one load and I can. She showed me the area she cleared which is a lovely spot beneath a spruce tree in her back yard. Now I'll have to make her a bench to go there. It is something I enjoy doing and I know she will like it. I just need to make sure I don't seem too eager or stalky which is tough when you realize that you still adore someone after months of not seeing them with only a few words of communication. Sometimes I wish she wasn't so kind and I didn't enjoy her company so much.

Friendship is all I can allow myself and I am pretty sure that is all she can ever offer, so I am happy with that. I sure as hell enjoy her companionship when I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment