Thursday, November 3, 2016

Sylvia

This goes back a long time to when I worked in the Big City. I remind you that there were a few closer relationships at the place I worked and this is one of those.

Sylvia already worked in the office when I started working there. She lived with Debbie who worked in purchasing, where I also worked for part of the time I was there. She had curly blonde hair a ready smile and laugh and a genuinely sweet personality. While she was no ravishing beauty (who is, really) she was easy to be around and always had a positive energy with a great sense of humor. Sylvia was usually at company functions and parties where there would be some of us employees so we got to know each other fairly well over a few years.

At some point we found ourselves between boyfriends/girlfriends and took a little more interest in each other. It was easy to care about each other because we already did and eventually we got physical which was mutually beneficial and very enjoyable. I guess that lasted as long as it needed to and eventually we were just friends again, but every once in a while we would catch a knowing smile or a little sparkle in the eyes that let each of us know we were special to the other.

We both found people to marry after some time and always wished the best  for each other. She married a great guy and I really hope they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment