Wednesday, October 12, 2016

New friends

 I have found a friend who I have let into my private world. She has helped me to settle my restlessness and given me a focus that has eluded me for a while. She is a friend of E of earlier posts and is aware of the mind trap I fell into. Stepping back and being able to see obsessive thinking for what it is and correct it is a difficult thing to for some of us. Her openness,  friendship, and understanding are a rare quality in human beings.

I have known A for a while, but just in passing. I don't know or remember exactly when or why we opened up to each other, but have confided in a level I have only gotten to with a handful of people in my entire life. We have dabbled in dream interpretation and commented on political debates which has been a hoot.

I started this blog because I was troubled and looking for a way to resolve or cope with my home situation, which will eventually work itself out. It is no bed of roses, but what is? I have a confidant with total mutual trust about our personal foibles and weaknesses and likely our strengths. This is a very good thing.

While our face to face contact is not very regular we have been pretty good at writing quite regularly. It doesn't matter much, frankly, but she is easy to look at when we do meet. I think those brown eyes could melt the coldest heart, but I digress. There is so much I could say about her, but it might embarrass her as she has read this blog and may read this entry. I'm just putting it out there.

There are still a few old girlfriends to write about even though almost all of them were long ago. Most of the memories are sweet and most of the people are still alive. I even have an idea of what became of them. In most cases lives turned out okay, but not always. There are no guarantees in this world and the outcome is always final. In the meantime I wish you all find a good friend or two in your journey. We should all be so lucky. As Humphrey Bogart said at the end of Casablanca,  “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”    

No comments:

Post a Comment