Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pam

She was the first real girlfriend I ever had. There was no question that our love was mutual and we lost our virginity together. We overcame our shyness together because we were so trusting and comfortable with each other. I was totally head over heels nuts about her. To me she was everything I could hope for in a relationship with a woman. I would never have believed two people could have so much in common.

It was our senior year in high school and the year was 1969. She was fairly athletic and strong and on the swimming team and softball team. I didn't mind that she could out throw or out swim me at all. She had to buy her dress sizes a little larger because of her shoulders, but she was the softest and most gentle person I had ever known.

After we went off to college we started being unable to see each other much and our lives were going in other directions. That was such a shame, but it was where we were going. She stayed out East and I stayed in the Midwest. However, we had carved our initials on each others hearts and mostly due to here diligence we never lost contact with each other.

I am still in the Midwest and she is out in Oregon, but we still correspond regularly and confide in each other even though we haven't seen each other in over forty years. I am sure we have both aged, but there will always be a place for us in each of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment