Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Cindy

Way back when I was still working in an urban environment and wearing a tie I met a few nice women at work. I know there is a saying about not dipping your pen in the company ink, but with over 50 employees and some general socializing going on among them it was difficult if two people hit it off to not act on their impulses.

One of the sweetest women I ever met was Cindy. She was a farm girl from the central part of the state, kind of tall and lean with sparkling eyes and a kind smile. We were friends and always would be, but we were lovers for a while, too, even though she was eight years younger than me. We were both in our twenties.

I ended up married and moving away and a few years later so did she. Cindy had moved to an area that I get to a couple of times a year and wrote to me early on. For years I would try and remember to find a way to visit her and her husband if I could, but it just didn't happen. Every so often I would think of her and I was able to find where she lived so I could contact her for a visit.

I was going to have to head that direction in a couple of weeks and thought it might be fun to look her up, so I did a quick internet search to see if anything in her life had changed. It had. A little over a year ago she died at home. There are a lot of people whose lives were touched by this woman and who will miss her. I am just one of them.

From her obituary.
 
She was born Sept., 19xx, and adopted by xxx and xxx April xx, 19xx, from xxx Children’s Home Society in xxx.
Cindy was baptized at the xxx Church in xxx, and confirmed at thexxxChurch in xxx.
Cindy grew up third generation on the family farm, and loved animals. Their horses, and showing cattle at the fair in 4-H were her favorites. She was very artistic and enjoyed drawing, painting, and cross stitching.
After graduating from xxxHigh School in 19xx, Cindy moved to xxx and worked as a receptionist.
She was united in marriage to xxx June xx, 19xx, at the xxx in xxx.
Cindy made her home in xxx, and surrounded herself with friends. She was hardworking, and enjoyed the tourist seasons along the xxx, working at local resorts over the years.
Cindy was very interested and knowledgeable about antiques, and loved to reminisce with her parents about the farm’s heritage.
She was a kind, generous, and loving woman, and will be greatly missed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment