Thursday, August 4, 2016

Dear e

Dear e,
It was fun helping you move to your new digs. It was my pleasure to do it. I was very well behaved as any friend should be, but after a day or two I started missing you again. I thought I was past the infatuation stage, but maybe not. I still get thoughts wondering what it would be like to throw away my current life just for a chance to spend some time with you. I am clueless to know if it would work out between us and I have my doubts, but I sure seem to crave your company. 

Don't worry. I am still in control of my behavior, but my feelings are what they are and go where they want. Now you are leaving town for a few weeks. I will miss you terribly, but I will drop you a note or two containing mostly small talk and maybe a joke or two. It will just let you know you have a good friend here. I will pretend that is all I ever want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment